Monday, February 17, 2014

Snow days and baby season

Being 'snowed in'  is not much different then this season I'm in now.  My daily routine defined by new restrictions.  The inability to freely come and go on any whim.  It seems snow and babies have that in common.

And as with both, babies and snow that is, I can choose to focus on how they force my plans to change and can fester a feeling of being stuck.  Or, I can focus on the beauty of a completely new landscape and enjoy the magic that something so fleeting can bring.

And magical it certainly is...babies and snow.



Oh, and you know that moment when an almost 3 year old is cold and wet and tired and ready to go inside and take a break and a certain father thinks that it would be the perfect moment to bombard her with a massive snow boulder...?




No comments:

Post a Comment