Wednesday, July 1, 2015

18 Weeks


Dear baby,

2 days ago we hit 18 weeks, and you had a bit of a growth spurt.  I can always tell when the growth has been significant because your Papa will come home from work, grin and say ‘Whoa!  Hello there baby.’ and rub my belly.

I’ve been trying hard lately to stick to a better bedtime for me so that I can enjoy feeling good by being rested.  But your Papa is a night owl and staying up talking and vegging out with him has been just too tempting lately.  But the good news?  For the last 4 or 5 nights I’ve been feeling you move.  Not the kicks and punches yet, but those first early flutters that feel like a more subtle version of what happens in your belly when you drive over steep hills.  Something I might not even recognize as you if this wasn’t my third time around.  And this only happens around 11:00 or 11:30 at night.  I’m grateful for these moments, and that I’m awake to feel them.

So here’s to being about the size of a bell pepper and having the ability to flex your arms and legs.
 
Love,
Mama

 

No comments:

Post a Comment