Friday, January 29, 2016

Dear Ida {month 2}

Dear Ida,

Even though I am at the beginning of my motherhood journey, there is no doubt that I have already learned first hand that years are simply a series of mere blinks.  So these months?  I dare not fool myself to think there are so many ahead of us before you turn one.  Here we are at month 2.

You are weighing in at 13 pounds and 5 ounces. 

You smile like crazy. 

You started laughing and truly cooing. 

Besides faces, you love looking at the black and white mountain photo I took in Colorado, as well as a yellow pillow case with little white flowers. 

You light up when you are sung to, sometimes trying desperately to sing back. 

I've never seen a baby try so hard to suck their thumb.  You just can't quite release your little clinched fist and if you do succeed, the result is often a stray finger to the eye or nostril.  But you keep at it my dear.  Good for you.

You also experienced your first cold.  Stuffy nose, gagging on mucus, coughing fits, and sitting up with you at night.  But you handled it all beautifully.

The thing is, all the new stuff you are doing, all the new rolls you are growing, all the new sounds you are making.  It isn't very newborn anymore.  Blink.  Just like that.  Always moving in the only direction time travels, and that is forward my dear.

We are finding our rhythm, and it is a sweet one.  One that keeps events and activities limited, but keeps in abundance home and family and rest.  One that fully requires all hands-on-deck and a lot of grace when we do leave the house.  But our days are good baby girl.

I am thankful for the deep peace and contentment that comes from the Lord.  I am thankful that, even in the tired and the adjusting, it allows me to realize what all I have right now and to celebrate it while I have it, not just when I look back.

We are still celebrating you Ida Ruth, and your perfect fit into our family.

Love,
Mama





 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment