Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Dear Lulah {year 3}

Dear Lulah,

Last month, on the 18th, we celebrated 3 years with you.  This last month my mind and heart have been full of thoughts about you at 3 and wondering if it is even possible to put who you are and what you mean to us into words.

Lulah, without a doubt, you make life better.

Trying to describe you just makes me smile.  You are simply so full of life that it all spills out on to everything you do.  When you laugh, you laugh loud.  When you love, it is fierce and intense yet so achingly soft and affectionate.  You are a story teller and a performer.  You are a quiet place, lost in thought and stillness.  You delight in helping and serving.  When you are upset, it's with a passion that could change the world.

You are my wild and free child.  You let every ounce of life and emotion move and roll through you, sometimes all within the first hour of the day.  You are not persuaded by expectation or approval, yet you are often aware and in tune with the emotions of those around you.  You just know how to be and feel the moment you are in. 

There are certainly times where my energy is drained from the teaching and the correcting and just the sheer presence of so much emotion.  But baby girl, it's beautiful.  I see so much of me in you.  You hold me to the kind of mother I want to be.  You keep me at the feet of Jesus in the best way possible.  You keep me parenting from the heart.  There is constant learning and stretching and forgiving and loving and laughing, so much laughter.  You give me a new perspective on life every day.  I am just so unbelievably thankful you are mine.

My prayer is simply that I never allow myself to get in the way of you being the you God created.    

You are a treasure.

Love,
Mama







No comments:

Post a Comment