Friday, February 13, 2009

"Baby, I'm glad you're a meat lover!"

So I was a little curious as to exactly how often I would blog and exactly what I would blog about. Especially considering that we don't have any children, I'm not pregnant, we're not moving into a new house, we don't really have anything major going on (besides the wedding!) Well...

I get home from my evening kickboxing class and Steven greets me at the door with a weird smirk on his face. He told me he had stumbled upon something today as I follow him into the kitchen to see two men on their knees in front of our fridge taking everything out of the freezer. Immediately I'm thinking OH NO! A pipe busted or the fridge is leaking or a deadly outbreak of mold has infested the freezer, yet Steven still has that goofy smirk on his face. (which is NOT his "something else is broken" face, cause I KNOW what that face looks like!!) He then proceeds to tell me about these two men who work for a free range, hormone free meat company in Chattanooga that was delivering meat to some customers in the area and they had these extra cases of meat that their boss said they could not come home with, so they were just knocking on doors offering this meat at an extremely discounted price! And they knocked on our door...

So, we now have 60lbs of meat exploding from our freezer! Yes, that's 60lbs of chicken, pork and beef. Anyone up for a cookout??

No comments:

Post a Comment