Monday, February 23, 2009

Here's to a new Dunagan woman!




Well, my little brother is engaged. Yes, my little brother. But honestly it really is not a strange or difficult concept to adjust to. I always assumed it would be hard to see my brother in any serious relationship. I assumed it would raise up all kinds of protective feelings. I mean, would any girl be good enough?? There was never even an ounce of those feelings when I met Amanda. Maybe it is the sense of calm that the two of them bring to each other or that it is perfectly clear to me that they truly enjoy being in the other's presence. I think too, Amanda possesses a grace and a sense of dignity that quite frankly you rarely see in young girls today. Something I so desperately wanted for my brother! So I can't even tell how relieved I was when he introduced me to this beautiful, selfless, classy girl, with such a sweet spirit she reminds me of a character from a Jane Austen love story.

But I think there is another reason why there is absolutely zero shock or concern with the idea of my brother getting married. He's ready for it. You have never seen loyalty, selflessness, concern for others, thoughtfulness, sincerity, or simply what it means to be a man, until you've met my brother. I mean, take two very close older sisters, an attentive mother, a loving father, the boy had no chance but to grow into such a well rounded extraordinary man! I'll save all the stories of playing dress-up, making up dances and playing with my hair for wedding toasts. (that's right, Tyler you knew those would come out one day, lol!)
So they say if you want to know what kind of man he is, see how he treats his mom and sisters…If that's the case, then Amanda you are marrying one hell of a guy!! But girl you already know that, which is why I love you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment