Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Spring!

Since yesterday was absolutely freezing! And yes, even a smidgen of snow flurries! I thought I would pay homage to Spring in hopes of encouraging it's arrival to settle in for good. After pulling out a turtleneck to wear to work yesterday, it made me thankful for this past weekend. A beautiful sunny and 70 degrees! A good ole working in the yard kind of weekend! Actually Steven worked in the yard, I took my guitar and played outside, then read my book some outside and then walked around taking pictures of the flowers in bloom! But I was ready to help if he needed me :) I know I've talked about how much I love being outside, but I wanted to share some of my favorite wise words that I wish I could say were mine…


This one I absolutely LOVE. I always imagine painting this on my daughter's bedroom wall :)


Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair!
~ Kahlil Gibran



Another one I love reading over and over again.

If the sight of the blue skies fills you with joy, if a blade of grass springing up in the fields has power to move you, if the simple things in nature have a message that you understand, rejoice, for you soul is alive.
~Eleonora Duse


So I put a collage together of some of the pictures I took around the yard. So here's my actual homage to Spring!!





Here's a picture of my one of my favorite trees in our backyard. It only stays like this for a few weeks, but for those weeks, every time I look at I can't stop gasping at how beautiful it is!


And of course, my girls. Enjoying the weekend with us!

So go play in the dirt!!!

2 comments:

  1. Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:

    And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.--Jesus

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I shall never see a poem as lovely as a tree. Joyce Kilmer


    Love the pic of the dogs!!!!

    ReplyDelete