Saturday, April 18, 2009

The weekend I had been waiting for!! (one of them anyways)

So even though we're already into the new weekend, I wanted to revisit last weekend. The weekend I had been waiting for!! Okay, so not including May 9th, which I would have to say I have a little bit more since of mounting excitement for! But nonetheless, I had been counting down to Easter weekend. Yes I've always loved Easter, the flowers, the dresses, the baskets, and of course the beautiful story of our arisen Saviour. However, this particular Easter had many extra goodies. I had my last dress fitting and finally got to take home the most beautiful dress in the world! I got to decorate Easter eggs with Maeve. I had a whimsical garden lingerie soiree under blue skies and warm sunshine. I had an incredible bachelorette bash and night out with my best girls, pink boa included!! And I spent a lazy Sunday afternoon on my parents back patio just spending time with my family. Oh, and did I mention that my fiance spent the whole weekend fishing with my brother-in-law?? So really, could there be a better weekend?

Well, I obviously can't show you pictures of the dress, so lets start with Saturday morning egg decorating...



Of course, there were some casualties...



Here's some from the hunt..



And I love this one! Mama with her babe...




And onto the Lingerie Soiree!!! Mama, Leah and Amanda did and unbelievable job!! It could not have been any more perfect and was more then I could ask for. Not to mention I got some incredible things!! Most of which would not be appropriate to post on-line... ;)




And into the night...


Here's my loyal, fun-loving gals!


Give a girl a pink boa, some great friends and a Greek restaurant where everyone HAS to dance on the table??? That's one memorable night, haha!!! For more details, visit my sister's blog here.



I can't say thank you enough. I have the most incredible, loyal friends and I love each of them dearly. I am overwhelmed with gratitude! I mean, a whole weekend dedicated and in celebration of me finding my love?!?! Speechless really...


And of course, I am beyond blessed to have a family that from day one has demonstrated nothing but unconditional love. I am aware and grateful for every action and sacrifice made for me. I love you from the bottom of my heart.


Okay, so I can't help myself! I'm going to end with another barrage of photos of my beautiful niece!








Only three weeks to go people!!!



1 comment:

  1. It was an amazing weekend! The whole weekend was perfect. I can't believe you are going to be Mrs. McDowell in 3 weeks!! (by the way, we must have been updating our blogs at the same time!)

    ReplyDelete