Thursday, July 9, 2009

L.O.V.E

The wedding post...

The day I was dreaming of my whole life, planning for an entire year, and soaking up every second for the 24 hours that it lasted. It truly was nothing short of perfect. God is good. And on May 9th He most definitely rained down His joy, His love, His peace and His presence. It was everything I had imagined and so much more. It was a confirmation of the love I have been receiving my entire life. From my family, my good friends, and now my new husband, and my God. He reminded Steven and I that day of how blessed we are and the incredible blessings that we have to look forward too. A humbling experience to say the least.

I would like to find other words to describe the day, but I just keep coming back to, well, perfect! From the horses, to the exquisite barn, the Mac & Cheese to the bio degradable and recylced cups and dinnerware. From tromping down a dirt road in my boots, to the homemade bouquets of wildflowers and weeds. From taking a ride on a hundred year old carriage, to knowing that Grandpa Grant, Grandma Dunagan, and Pop were there with me standing under that tree while I said my vows. From Dr. Coates peaceful spirit, to the beautiful earthy soul of Suzy (the owner and coordinator of Neverland Farm). From leaning on Papa to steady me down the aisle, to having Steven look at me after the ceremony and say "I feel it, I feel whole now." From my Grandma Grant's chair breaking (she was fine, she laughed and yes I obviously come by it naturally!) to my dress ripping from dancing so much to Thunderbolt Patterson's fantastic recreations of Bob Dylan, Allman Brothers and Grateful Dead, to name a few. From dancing with my daddy, to being dipped by my new husband. From watching my sister hold my flower girl, to watching my mother shine. From my little brother dancing and showing off his adorable fiance, to Steven dancing with his little sister who is now mine as well. From taking in the view of God's breath taking land, to looking at my husband and having to catch my breath. From my little cousins calling me a beautiful princess, to receiving hugs from friends and family who have prayed for me and watched me grow up. From smiling so much my cheeks hurt, to running through the sparklers 3 times, just because we could. From dancing with my best friends as if no one was watching, to twirling in my dress as if the world was watching. From feeling like there is no way I could possibly love Steven any more than I do, to the beautiful realization that this is only the beginning and I will actually learn to love him even more.

Those are just a few of the moments that still dance through my head, and will for a long time. And those are the best memories! The kind that no matter where you are or who you're with, you can't help but smile to yourself and be filled with joy all over again. If wealth was measured by those, I would be set for life!

Normally I would say that pictures can't do it justice. But with Kyle Hale taking the pictures, he has recreated the day perfectly, in pictures I will cherish for the rest of my life!

Have you ever been a part of a fairytale? I have...





Papa, you will always be the first man I ever loved and the one who showed me how I deserve to be treated. Mama, daily I think of your service and the many sacrifices you've made for me. Thank you both from the bottom of my heart for your unconditional love and for the most perfect day of my life.

8 comments:

  1. Linz it was beautiful!! Days from now, months from now, years from now...when you look back at those pictures those feelings you felt that magical day will all come back! Your wedding day is a day you will never forget! Even though mine was 5 years ago...I still pull out the pictures and laugh, cry, reminisce, and fall in love with Britt all over again! It also reminds me of how God has blessed mine and Britt's life in just 5 years (no not with just Maeve..ha!)! He will do the same for you and Steven....I can't wait to see what HE has done in 5 years!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awe!!!! you really have a way with words, love you sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was truly a Good and Perfect day...of what dreams are made....I Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindsey that was beautiful!:) I really was a fairy tale day. You deserve all the happiness you felt that day and are continuing to experience. I am so happy for you:) And I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops...I mean IT was a fairy tale day...Oh Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's hard to post a comment through all my tears... I am blessed beyond measure, Linz! My love forever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi. I just stumbled on your blog when looking at someone else's. I have to say those photographs are so enchanting! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linz- We are ready for another post sista friend!:)

    ReplyDelete