Monday, August 24, 2009

A hint of Fall...in August?

Would we soak up and enjoy every second of our weekends if they were more than just the precious two days? For me that answer is most definitely yes! But two days is all I get.

This past weekend was another fabulous break. This time it got a surprising start with a doozie of a storm Friday night (which I love!) Meaning no power for several hours, a house full of candles, and a midnight walk with our headlamps to check out the damage and breathe in the cool wet air brought in with the storm.

Saturday morning Steven and I both slept in. For me that means 8:30am, for Steven that means noon... I love my mornings though. The quiet, the morning light, the calm. Especially this morning, I was very pleasantly surprised to walk out to cool crisp fall-ish morning air. Well, I've mentioned in a previous post how Shelby is eerily like her father, so she's not much of a morning gal herself! But Toccoa comes and snuggles on my pillow with me the second she sees movement, and Callie sits out on the deck with me while I drink my coffee. Here's how i got to start my Saturday!








Then around 2, my parents came up for a visit and to attend the CRBI River Revelry, an annual fundraiser to celebrate and protect our rivers. I was so excited to spend time with them and to show off our constantly redecorated house. That's probably one of the things I hate most about not living near my family, they don't get to see my newly acquired wifey nesting skills. Anyways, the event was incredible. An outdoor concert right on the river with plenty of BBQ, and made even more magical by the cool, breezy weather. Mama won me an 8 week Natural Birthing Class in the silent auction. I would have loved to see her claim the prize! Apparently they found it quite funny that she was the mother-in-law who bid on it for her daughter who is NOT pregnant! No worries though, there's no expiration date ;) Mama also accidentally bid $800 on a kayak during the live auction when she waved across the crowd when she saw where we were sitting! Luckily, it sold for $900. I think she was then told to be still and sit on her hands. Then again, it's all for the rivers right?! How great is it to have parents you can drink, dance, and have a good time with? :)





And it went on into the night...


I spent my Sunday morning being lazy and just enjoying the time I had to sit and visit with my parents, once again outside on a rare August morning humidity free! Then Steven decided to join us, that's right...at noon :) That afternoon, after my parent's send off, Steven and I took the girls out to our favorite field to let them run off some energy.


And then they got thirsty...



And I've never seen a dragonfly like this...


We actually thought we lost Toccoa for awhile! Sometimes she chases after Callie, who has the endurance of an African Gazelle, and we were afraid Toccoa hadn't been able to keep up and was lost somewhere in the woods. After 40 minutes of scouring the land, Steven noticed Shelby and Callie kept looking towards the car. Yep, Toccoa was past out under the car, tongue rolled out, apparently oblivious to the 14,733 times we had called her name.

She's easy to forgive though :)









2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect weekend:). The pictures are great too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new header!

    ReplyDelete