Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Flocks

This past Sunday evening my cigar man and I were both in the living room working on separate projects when he turned down the TV and asked, "Do you hear that?" I barely heard him ask the question, much less whatever he was actually talking about. I continued to stitch away as he went to open the front door and couldn't even utter for me to come look before I heard exactly what he was referring too. It literally sounded like distant helicopters coming in for a landing right outside our house.

Well...so it wasn't a herd of choppers. But a flock (times 1000 at least) of little birds squawking and flapping their wings and hovering from tree to tree as one giant movement of tiny black creatures. As soon as I stepped outside, I suddenly remembered seeing this very thing a year ago. It's really made me curious as to what kind of birds they are and what their yearly performance means. I will continue my research and let you know...






It was pretty amazing.

1 comment:

  1. That would be a cool illustration/theme for a childrens book or poem!

    ReplyDelete