Monday, January 4, 2010

Overflowing

I know we're already 4 days into the new year, but I don't have Internet at our cabin, so here it goes…

2009. On one hand I'd say, definitely my year. At the top of the list would be, well I don't know, maybe that day of perfection that exceeded any and all fairytale dreams I had about what it would be like to be joined as one with the love of my life, a man I do not deserve, a man who makes me a better person. That day when before God and my loved ones, I made promises that are only possible to obtain because I was first loved by God and then unconditionally by my family.


But it doesn't stop there.

My strong, beautiful mother turned 50 and it's been a year of a continued realization of how much I rely on her advice and support

My little brother became a husband.

My niece calls me by name, and we carry on conversations.

My sister's been growing my future little nephew.

And I continue to admire their love and commitment to each other.

My father, well, he's still a rock in my life.

I was accepted into a writing program that's challenging and exciting. My path crossed with someone willing to invest their time and teaching in my photography.

I listened, full of joy, to my closest friends tell me about new mile stones they will soon be approaching; travels, opportunities and growing families. And I am more thankful then ever to be a part of their lives. And I have made new friends that have blessed me beyond words. Friends who may not realize just what an answer to prayer they have been.

I have stumbled and struggled in my faith, only to be reminded what gifts grace and mercy and forgiveness actually are.

I have a home I am building and decorating and creating, a home filled with my family. Filled with one good hearted man and 3 loyal, affectionate four-legged little girls.

It's been a good year. Overflowing.

But Oh, 2010! I am ready for you. Holding hands with my husband and desiring more than anything, to become a better person. A more loving, more forgiving, more patient, more optimistic, more encouraging, more supportive, more selfless, a more GRATEFUL wife, daughter, sister, and friend.

4 comments:

  1. what a blessed year in the life of our family! In 2010, may you and Steven know only good & perfect love, peace, joy & happiness, good health, wealth & prosperity, and may the passion in your life grow more each day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is my favorite post of yours yet:) This has been a great year for you. I hope next year brings you even more happiness and love:).

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has been truly the most amazing year for our family. You so perfectly put my heart into words; for that I am eternally grateful! You have blossomed into an incredible, insightful, spiritual woman, daughter, and wife. I love you beyond measure... Mama

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully written!! Love you! Can't wait to see what 2010 has for us! Bring it on!!

    ReplyDelete