Monday, May 9, 2011

A lot can happen in 2 years...

It's fitting that my anniversary follows Mother's Day this year because the joke in my family is that I married my mother. A type A extrovert who's organized, driven, and has a heart of gold.

Two years married to the man of my dreams.


Steven holds himself to the highest standard in every area of his life. In how he runs a business, how he runs a home, how he treats others, how he serves others, his role as husband, and now his role as a father. Because of that, I now have higher standards for myself. I know "he makes me a better person" is soooo cliche, but it's just down right true! He keeps me on my toes and he motivates me to go after what I want. I see how much he has helped me grow as a person in just our two years of marriage and I'm even more excited about spending the rest of my life with him.

I will never forget this second year. We went from just being husband and wife to becoming parents. But I'm not sure I realized how much closer pregnancy and labor would make us. I've already mentioned before what solid strength and support he was for me, but I won't ever be able to truly express what it was like. I wasn't anxious or worried about natural labor and I won't be in the future. Faith in my God and a strong, loving husband make a pretty powerful combination :)



It just makes me smile remembering when I first started falling in love with Steven and how part of that process was looking at him and knowing that I wanted him to be the father of my children. Well seeing him as a father now just gives me a whole new part of him to fall in love with.



I wonder how many women can say that their husbands are teaching them to become better mothers? Because I can.

There's a chapter in the Bible that I've started looking at every day. It's my prayer. It's what I want most in this world. I know that living at even my own highest standard is not what Steven and Lucy deserve. But I can surrender and simply live by God's standards and give them the greatest blessing I can as a wife and a mom. In Proverbs it says:

A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life... She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all." Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.

2 comments:

  1. You are truly blessed, AND a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words are so very true...when your husband is supportive, you never fear natural birth (or anything else, really). I wish you both a wonderful anniversary & many blessed years to come.

    ~Ann

    ReplyDelete