Friday, October 7, 2011

Cabin Fever...sort of

Sometimes I get major cabin fever. Not necessarily from four walls or from my lack of adult interaction, but from everything. By everything, I mean roads, buildings, cars, stuff...routine.

And if I don't see mountains, trees, and a trail (trail optional) soon, I may just burst.

Not the mountains and trees you can see from your back porch or on a nice drive, but the ones that swallow you up whole.

Never is the urge as strong as it is during the fall. The air, the smells, the colors. I imagine it's what an addiction feels like. I have to have it.

Lucy has been happy and content outside from day one. Even in midday 100 degree summer. So it has been my pleasure to introduce her to Fall and all it's glory. She's a fan.

We are lucky to have some great places to hike locally. That's what I love about hiking. There's a trail for every calling, the last minute afternoon trips, the longer weekend trips, and the big picture trips when we'll pack up and head out west. But of course there's the granddaddy of all trips, the one I dreamed of taking my kids on before kids were even a reality. Alaska. Backpacking in Alaska was so powerful and life changing, I knew it was a gift I wanted to share with my children. Not many places are left in the US that are considered pristine wilderness, untouched by man. I want my family to experience that.

Until then...we'll be playing outside.

Enjoy your weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome video! Did you use Adobe Element or Microsoft Movie Maker?

    ReplyDelete