Monday, October 15, 2012

THE weekend

This past weekend was the weekend.

The one that I look forward to every year.

The one where my family gathers together for a weekend in a cabin nestled in the woods on the bend of a river.

We gather together, as my sister said, for no other reason except to just be together.

It's our Thanksgiving, our Christmas, and a million other celebrations from the previous year.

Each year brings new life growing in bellies, new babies crawling around underfoot, new jobs, new houses, new health...always plenty to celebrate.

We mark each year with updated family pictures and my mom prepares a spaghetti dinner of thanks. 

The rest of our time is unplanned, but is sure to be filled with food, music, exploration, and plenty of sweet conversation.

I love my family so much and I consider it one of my most favorite blessings that I also consider these people my closest and most cherished friends.  I love their company, their wisdom, their humor, their unconditional love.  I love the influence they have on my life and the influence they will have on my children.

I also love the effortless way we allow each other to focus and pour ourselves into our individual growing families, knowing that is what God has called us to do and is how He designed the family.

But you better believe that in an instant, when support and encouragement or just a good time is needed, we'll be there.  Circling the wagons, supporting each other, loving each other, just being there.

Here's to family and friends...








1 comment: