Friday, February 15, 2013

35 Weeks

Dear 2nd baby,
i carry your heart with me (i carry it in
my heart) i am never without it (anywhere
i go you go, my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing, my darling)...
~e.e. cummings
I love that this beautiful  poem holds such a literal meaning during pregnancy.

Only a few more weeks until you join your sister, another part of my heart living and breathing outside of my body.

But until then, we get to continue along together.  Never apart, not for a second.

To carry your heart inside of me is something I can assure you I do not take for granted.

I dare not rush these last weeks.  No amount of eager anticipation for your arrival can overshadow the peace that comes from having you tucked away in the safest of nests, spending your every second growing and resting to the sounds and vibrations of our heartbeats as physically close as they ever will be.

All my love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment