Sunday, June 16, 2013

My daughters' father

My husband.

Like our marriage, he views parenting as a partnership.

His involvement, enthusiasm, and dedication to being a father is one part radical (in this day and time), and one part an innate response to how fatherhood was originally designed to be.

I can not imagine facing the challenges of parenting without him by my side.   

He gives me the encouragement to figure out my strengths as a mother and pour that into our girls, and he parents beside me as I work on my weaknesses.

I watch him and I learn.  I watch him and I thank God.  I watch him and I see my girls being blessed.

He loves in his own way.  Fully engaged, fully entwined with every breath of raising our children.

Thank you Steven.  Thank you for counting our family as your greatest blessing.  

For everything you do for us, I thank you for giving our daughters the gift of your time and your attention above all else.

I speak from experience, the time is what they will remember...







No comments:

Post a Comment