Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A picture is worth a thousand words...


If you know me, you know how crazy I am about my niece Maeve. I believe she captures everything about the true essence of being a little girl. She's fearless and adventurous and full of wild spirit. She's already so nurturing and loving. She has fully mastered everything from the devious smirk, to the sweetest giggle, to the most contagious belly laugh you have ever heard! She is by far sugar and spice and everything nice.

She turned 2 yesterday on June 15th, and we celebrated all weekend! She picked out her first Cabbage Patch doll at Babyland General, Uncle Steven bought her a prime rib dinner at the Oar House, and then Sunday we had a cook out and birthday party with family and friends.

But, my favorite part of the weekend was my "Photo Shoot" with Maeve! Leah had asked me awhile ago if I would take her 2 year old pictures, I said of course! I instantly envisioned her standing in their field in Converse high tops and a pink tutu! And I think it ended up suiting her perfectly:) The rest was easy! Since her favorite thing to do is run around outside, I just followed her around and let her do her thing! And it definitely doesn't hurt that she happens to be the most beautiful little girl I've ever seen :) If you want to see all of the pictures, you can visit here.

But here's some of my favorites!













By the way...

I'm not just behind the camera! My friend Rachel has been designing and making jewelry and she asked me to model some of her fabulous creations! It was my pleasure. So check out the pieces I modeled, "Float with the Wind," "Icy Lime," and "Trois Saules," along with the rest of her site. It's definitely a perk having friends with so much talent!
The Little Jewelry Box: Designs by Rachel Elizabeth

3 comments:

  1. These pictures are awesome! My mom, sister, and I are in love with them! You are a natural. Thanks for the sweet shout out. I love you very much! I feel the same way about having friends with talent;). I have several people who want your number to take pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! The one with her emptying out her books are adorable...those little feet:) You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. where are u??????? lol

    ReplyDelete