Friday, June 12, 2009

A Pictorial Post

I have had so much fun this past week, outside of work that is. But that really goes without saying. So, since I usually end up writing so much, I thought I would post some pictures to let you in on our festivities! Here it goes...

It started last Friday when I got home from work and Steven and I decided to ride our bikes to go see a free outdoor concert downtown. A little exercise, fresh air, and live music, perfect.





Once we got home, by some handy maneuvering of our head lamps, my ever so kitchen friendly husband got the whim to bake a chocolate chip pound cake. You know, with all that exercise, it wouldn't make since to go to bed without eating cake first! So delicious...


The next morning Steven had to go replenish some cigars out at Barnsley Garden so we decided to make a little date of it. We had lunch at the Beer Garden, listened to a little live music, then walked down to the ruins and around the grounds for a little while...







Then we were off to our dear friend's Jon and Jennie Pruitt's house for Jon's 30th birthday party celebration and cook-out.


Swimming pool, yard games, a charcoal grill, good friends, and even a cute little 8 week old baby...now that is a good time :)


Saturday was definitely a late night, so Sunday morning we really slept in! After recooperating we decided to head up to John's Mountain (note, not named after the previously mentioned Jon) to do a little fishing and relaxing.



Little trout :)


Moving into the week, Tuesday June 9th, we had a little something to celebrate. That's right, it was June 9th. Our ONE MONTH anniversary! I couldn't believe it had already been one month! So we went out to a Mediterranean restaurant to celebrate.


And my sweet husband even had a gift for me...


No, those are not flowers I'm holding. It's my brand new fishing pole :) Can't wait til the one YEAR anniversary! I also have to share this very sweet card he gave me. First I have to say that out of all his tremendous wonderful qualities, special occasions aren't exactly Steven's thing. If you've heard my past stories of birthday's anniversary's and Valentine's Day, then you know exactly what I'm talking about. So this card meant so much too me! Let me start by sharing with you the card from two Valentine's ago:

It's a paper tear-out card from a magazine with two squirrels holding a nut shaped like a heart. And it read...

"I got this card out of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit edition. Which is perfect--cause you're hot in a bikini and you're a little bit nutty! Anyhoo, I love you so much and look forward to spending many more Valentine's with you!"

Can't wait to share that one with the kids :) And yes, I still have it and will keep it for always.

And here's what my uncharacteristically sentimental anniversary card said...

I love how you look, I like how you speak,
I live for the touch of your hand on my cheek.

I love that you trust me, I love that you're kind
And honest enough to say what's on your mind.

I love that you're silly, I love that you're wise,
I love how the world looks when seen through your eyes.

I love all the wonder and mystery of you,
I love that you're someone who loves me back, too.

(And Steven added...)
I love you in the morning, I love you in the night.
I'll love you forever, if that's alright!


I know, so sweet:) And Steven was so surprised by my tearful reaction, I think he finally realized how much just a sweet card can mean! But I'm definitely liking this whole marriage thing!


Enough with the mushy stuff! Now I'd like to pay tribute to my favorite thing about longer days. Dinner outside, grilled to perfection!



Well, I know this is long. But I hope you enjoyed catching up with us! I'm so excited about this weekend as well. I'm heading home for Maeve's 2 year old birthday party! I'll give you a sneak peek at what I got her because I can't stand how cute they are!!













1 comment:

  1. I have tears in my eyes and I really don't know why! But I just loved that!!! You look gorgeous! I love the purple dress with the cool sash belt! The pictures are already looking great! Is that the new camera taking those?

    ReplyDelete