Monday, June 14, 2010

Summer Lovin'

Last week I was with my mom visiting family in California (which I will post on later!). We had an incredible time even though while we were there they were supposedly having a "heat wave." :) Temperatures in the 80's and I needed a sweater in the shade and in the evenings, LOL! Returning home and stepping off the plane, Georgia welcomed me with the same fervency I had received after returning from long extended stays in states like Montana, Minnesota, and Alaska. The air was sucked out of my lungs and my face instantly shined as if I had lathered myself in Vaseline. Yes, hot, humid, full blown Georgia summer said welcome home. High 90's with a heat index of over 100.

The day after we were home, we were getting ready for my Niece's 3rd birthday party, an outdoor Low Country Boil and water games for the kiddos. And even with the heavy, heavy heat and the summer flies the party was a blast. And it brought back a lot of memories. With my sister and I having August birthdays, our birthday celebrations almost always centered around water and humidity as well. But all I remember is the freedom and fun that comes along with summer days. It has to be a powerful season for us to suffer so much and LOVE every minute of it :)

This is what summer looks like.

1 comment: