Friday, December 17, 2010

27 Weeks



Dear Baby,

What a couple of weeks it's been!! You actually turned 27 weeks yesterday and are definitely now full blown athlete in my tummy! But I love it. Except for maybe when you kick my bladder. That one I'm not too fond of. Especially in situations like Wednesday night, I was stuck in the car for two hours on my normally ten minute commute home from work because of the icy weather. Well, mostly because of unsafe drivers and people who freak out in response to bad weather. But we'll talk more about all of that in about 15 years or so. I did appreciate your company during that time, but again, I could have done without the bladder kicks. We also found out some news at the Dr.'s this week. Your legs and head are measuring 3 weeks ahead. Um, WOW. They said that meant a few different possibilities:

A. You had a growth spurt and would now slow down and let everything else catch up.
B. Due dates are not an exact science and I just might deliver a couple weeks earlier.
C. I may just give birth to a big headed, long legged baby.

Your dad and I are pretty positive we're looking at scenario C. You'll see when you meet the rest of your family. Your cousins are fairly long with big heads as well. But don't worry, I'll be able to give you plenty of advice and help you through the years of high water pants and never finding hats that fit. Throw in some really large feet, over sized glasses, and an overbite and you'll basically be re-living my childhood. I hope I'm not scaring you! You will be absolutely perfect and one day you will look back at your childhood and it will be the most treasured time of your life. I treasure my childhood memories dearly! And I can not wait to bless you with that same gift. Be prepared for lots of love and laughter and joy and music and adventure! You are so loved already it is ridiculous.

Love,
Mama

1 comment:

  1. haha... you are hilarious!!!! i totally laughed out loud at the imagine of your awkward childhood years. don't we all have those awful memories..haha. you look amazing!!! can't wait until you have your sweet baby!

    ReplyDelete