Friday, May 11, 2012

14 Months


Ahhhhhh!  Lucy baby girl…joy, joy, joy.  That is what you bring to my life.  You are pure joy.  

So much has changed in the short 2 months that you turned a year old.  Gone is that baby, pitiful with red, swollen gums with a new tooth popping out weekly.  Gone is the baby clinging to me 24/7, anxious and uneasy on the cusp of a new world, with new views and new heights all on 2 wobbly legs.

My little baby is gone.

You are this brave, confident, funny, loving little girl.   

Still rocking your low-maintenance, old man hairdo of course. 

Lucy, you are hilarious.  You walk up to little girls in public and try to hold their hand like your best friends.  When we finish eating at restaurants you like to walk by each table and flash a smile and make sure they’re all enjoying their meal.  You are so affectionate.  If you see me on the floor, you stop what you are doing and come crawl into my lap and lay your head on my chest.  Sometimes only for .3 seconds, but I love it.  You also still give the best open-mouth, wet, slobbery kisses ever.  I steal about 77 every day.  

You’ve become a dance machine.  You turn any sound into a rhythm that can be rocked, swayed and stomped too.  Sometimes the only sound seems to be playing in your head alone, but you dance.  You like to do drive-by piano playing.  On your way around the house, you pause just long enough to reach as high as you can and play a few notes.

Your favorite word is still, Uh-Oh.  You use sign language with us for the words:  more, all done, sit, and eat.  The sit one kind of backfired on us though.  You love to climb onto every piece of furniture, especially your little rocking chair, and then stand up and look directly at us with the biggest smirk on your face while doing the sign for sit.  But you understand so much more.  In one of your word books, I can ask you where the banana, baby, blueberries, and pine cone is and you can point them out and then proceed to clap and applaud yourself for a job well done.  You immediately start clapping when we sing, If You’re Happy and You Know It.  You can point out your nose and belly.  I can ask you to go get a book and you walk over to your bookshelf and bring back as many as you can carry.  You pretend to give your baby doll some of your water.  After you’re done eating, you go and get your play broom and dust pan and try and sweep under your seat.  If you’re not trying to help me push the vacuum cleaner, then you’re trying to ride the canister.  

You laugh, all the time.  You laugh at your dad and me when we twirl you around or make funny faces or play chase.  You laugh at yourself, whenever the thought happens to cross your mind.  When we’re out with others and you hear someone laugh you make this grand effort at this fake laugh like you totally get the joke.  You just want to be a part of everything good this world has to offer. 

I don’t sit much these days.  But I am loving this time Lucy.  I have so much fun with you.

We have a lot of fun planned for this Summer and I look forward to sharing everything with you.


Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment