Saturday, June 30, 2012

Sofa Time

I broke a classic 'mother rule' today.

The whole no jumping on the sofa rule.  I mean, I definitely do not want my children entering a home and feeling free to treat someone's living room as a jungle gym.  But sometimes it's appropriate, right?

I have vivid memories of my grandmother's couch in her basement.  A couch and it's cushions that spent plenty of time as a ship, a fort, boulders across molten hot lava, and/or a swinging bridge over a congregation of angry, aggressive alligators.

So I can't deny the joy found in throwing off cushions and running and jumping from end to end.

Lucy just kept looking at me, amongst the cackles and snorting and giggles, with an expression that screamed, "Mom, did you know how much fun this was?!" 

I couldn't help but just let her enjoy it.

And snap a few pictures of course...












1 comment: