Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Figs.

We have a fig tree.



I decided to try and make some almond flour fig newtons.

I thought it would be neat to share the process here.  But it was confirmed why I would make a horrid food blogger.

1.  I'm not the cook.  Steven has the refined palate.  He enjoys cooking.  He is fantastic at it.  Period.  I would survive on cereal, scrambled eggs, and beer.  (Thank you for feeding me honey.)

2.  While I do enjoy the occasional baking, it's never pretty.  Rest assured anything I bake will come out an unusual size with zero uniformity.  Not to mention, Lucy's favorite drawer is the one containing all of our measuring utensils, which then get strewn about in all corners of the house.  Always missing the one I need, things can get interesting.

3.  As I was sliding the tray into the oven, I saw my camera sitting on the counter.  Crap, I forgot to take pictures of 'the process.' Oh well.

But nonetheless, they turned out pretty deliciously and are being consumed for breakfast and completely Lucy approved.

So this:


Became this:


You might ask why there are pumpkins in our kitchen...in July.  We had a surprise pumpkin vine take root after last falls discarded decor.  So, pumpkins in July!


Up next:


Sauce and Salsa!

No comments:

Post a Comment