Friday, January 25, 2013

32 Weeks

Dear 2nd baby,

Only eight more weeks to go. Seven if you come when your sister did.

Somersaults, karate kicks, fist pumps. These have been your favorite activities. It seems to have happened overnight.

I holler for your dad to come see. You suddenly decide to rest. He says it's his calming presence. He might just be right. He does have that way about him. It's one of my favorite parts of love. When just someone's presence wraps you in warmth and security.

Just wait, you'll get to experience it soon.

Even with all your movement, you're nestled deep.  We still have a hard time getting your heartbeat.  When it's heard, you won't stay still long enough to get a good count.   I can assure you there is no anxiety in this mama's heart about that, considering I watched you kick the fetoscope off my belly.  The midwife and I both seem to think that's a pretty good sign.

Nesting for you.  Dreaming about you.  Waiting on you.

Love,
Mama




No comments:

Post a Comment