Monday, January 7, 2013

Just a note

Hey baby girl,

I just wanted to say hi. 

I've really been enjoying my days with you.  You've been making me laugh so much, I feel like we're just a couple of giddy girls.

You're growing leaps and bounds.  Your hair, your vocabulary, your sense of humor.

You're pointing out numbers, letters, and shapes.

You're singing songs.  The Itsy Bitsy Spider and This Little Light of Mine.  Your favorite verse being the one about hiding it under a bushel because you then get to enthusiastically shout out your favorite word...NO!

I just watch you in amazement.  My smart, funny little girl.

And Lucy, this baby inside me.  The one growing and growing.  The one that still alternates between a surreal fantasy that floats around somewhere in my dreams and a realistic list of preparations and brief panic at how life is about to change...

I look at you and you ground me.

And all I can think, is what a good sister you'll be.


Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment