Thursday, February 17, 2011

Week 36



Dear Baby,

36 divided by 4 equals 9. This is the first day of our 9th month of pregnancy. That is pretty awesome. Your dad and I have been going to our natural birthing classes for five weeks now and have learned so much about this incredible experience and how God has perfectly designed everything to work, from the preparation that you will begin going through, to the preparation and changes my body will go through from now until you arrive. But we still have lots of things we'll be learning in the weeks to come. It's amazing what a little faith combined with good ol' fashion information will do to put a person at ease. I am so excited and filled with peace about what we will soon be going through together. And you better believe your dad and I are preparing! I've been doing all my stretches and exercises and your dad's been making sure I eat right and we walk every evening. He's also been working on relaxation techniques with me…as well as dealing with a sudden increase in my sensitivity and ability to create tears lately. But that's nothing for you to worry about, your dad is a very patient man. We also finished writing our birth plan last week, and we are so happy with our Nurse Midwife and Doula that will help us bring you into the world. There are still things for us to take care of before your arrival, but I'm having a hard time feeling like there's anything more important I should be doing then just simply waiting for you. You are definitely worth the wait.

Love,
Mama

3 comments:

  1. Nana and Papa are counting down the days until we finally meet you, precious one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're learning a lot in class. You're in good hands with Mandy. If you have any questions before you give birth (or after) please don't hesitate to write or call me...our # is listed. Take care!
    ~Ann

    ReplyDelete