Wednesday, January 11, 2012

10 Months

Dear Lucy,

You are 10 months old sweet girl. And what a month it’s been. Although I think I say that every time.

Somehow in the midst of all the travel, family, and excitement of Christmas, you managed to grow like a weed and start looking more like a little girl than a baby.

You have a distinct neck and only 1 chin. Instead of 7 rolls down your arms, there’s only 1. Your outer thighs can no longer pass for a shelf and your bubble butt is not quite as bubbly. You are long and lean my friend. Pants that were too long for you but too tight in the waist, are now the perfect length with plenty of room around your tummy. You’ve been busy using your new sleek body to practice standing without assistance. You’re up to 5 seconds with no hands. And you have the bruises to prove it.

You’re now up to 6 teeth. They didn’t quite make it in time for Christmas, but you finally have your two front teeth. Although I was growing pretty fond of your little fangs.

And speaking of teeth, you are eating like a champ. I’m talking three meals a day, anything I put in front of you. Which may seem like a no-brainer for a 10 month old, but you took your time becoming interested in solid foods. I think you’re making up for lost time though. Every time I watch you clean your bowl, I feel like throwing a party.

Another huge feat this month (as mentioned last week)…you are sleeping in your own bed, in your own room. Two nights ago was night 7. I laid you down, and before I made it down the hall you were asleep! I was so excited and happy for you, that I wanted to run in and wake you up so that I could kiss and love on you and tell you how amazing and wonderful you are. You are however, my little fighter, still refusing to nap.

Lucy, I'm calling your 10th month, the month of P's.  Patience, Perseverance, Prayer and Pride.  I have a feeling, this is parenthood.  I welcome it.  You make me such a better person.  I look forward to growing with you Lucy Pearl.  It's an honor to teach you things and a blessing to be taught by you.  

I love you, I love you, I love you.

Love,
Mama


1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday, my little birdie! Pure joy to read, my beautiful daughter!

    ReplyDelete