Tuesday, January 17, 2012

On Diapers...

This might seem like a strange post, but every time I pull these bad boys out of the wash, I think..."I should take a picture!"



It cracks me up that just by being pretty, it's made cloth diapering dare I say...fun?!  But it's true.  I love my baby's diapers.  And they're just so pretty.

While I was pregnant I thought, "It'd be so cool to use cloth diapers."

Then I thought, "So why don't we?"

But then we became a little overwhelmed with diaper information and trying to decide what kind we would go with and if we could really do it.

After some personal recommendations from some friends, we went with fuzzibunz.  I love them.

I would like to say that our decision to cloth diaper was strictly for environmental reasons and that we sleep better at night knowing that we have drastically cut back on the amount of diaper trash that leaves our household.  Which that is partly true.

But if you ask Steven, it was a little bit more like, I want to stay home with my baby and if we're going to learn to live on one pay check then we need to figure out ways to cut costs even with a new baby coming into the house.

We spent a few hundred dollars building up our supply of 15 diapers that will grow with her until she is potty trained.  That's a LOT of disposal diapers that we won't have to buy over the next couple of years.

Yay for a happy planet and a happy wallet.

So if you're wondering if you can do cloth diapers, you can.  Go for it.

My advice is, what you do simply becomes what you do.

And what we do is a basket full of colorful diapers.



No comments:

Post a Comment