Sunday, January 1, 2012

My dear 2011

Last night was definitely on the mellow side of a New Year celebration. With Lucy asleep, Steven and I just sat on the couch listening to music and talking. A few minutes before midnight we turned on the TV to watch the ball drop. As they counted down and said goodbye to 2011, I turned to Steven and realized my eyes were full of tears.

"Are you crying?" he laughed.

And out of nowhere, I was.

2011 was a life changing year. We had a baby. Our first baby. A tangible piece of love entered our home.

Our life was changed forever in 2011. So in those first minutes of 2012, it was a little bittersweet. Like saying goodbye to a dear, dear friend.

I will cling to the memories and will forever be thankful that I chose to savor every second of 2011. But I am fully aware that 2012 will blow me out of the water.

And just to prove it, my little family went out and had the best January 1st of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment