Friday, February 24, 2012

Parenting

I saw this the other day.

"If you want to know who your kids will be like when they grow up, go and stand in front of a mirror for 20 seconds..."
 I think I realized this innately.  It would explain why since the second Lucy was born, I have spent most of my time at the feet of my Lord, begging Him to mold me, shape me, refine me.  To create in me a clean heart.  To get rid of the ugly, the negative, the insecure, the jealous.  To fill every part of me up with HIM.  To speak to me, guide me, use me.  To polish up the best parts of me, and help me learn from the worst.

No matter what I tell my little girl, it's what I show her that matters most.  It's what I live.  So if I want to raise a fearless, loving, compassionate, Christ-centered, wise woman...I have to be one.

At first I was overwhelmed with how intimidating that thought was.  Then, like a weight lifted, I realized how FREEING it actually is.  Because HE can't fail.  So when I do, and I will, Lucy will get to see God's mercy, grace, and strength.  It's about living my life, mothering my children, being a wife to my husband, while holding God's hand.  It's not about perfection.

That's what I want Lucy to see.



1 comment:

  1. The image of God in each of us is perfection. We just have to accept it and stop doubting ourselves so much.

    ReplyDelete