Tuesday, February 14, 2012

To My Valentine...




Steven,

Happy Valentine's Day my love!

I know I tell you every night. I know I tell you every morning. I know I tell you a handful of times throughout the day.


I love you. I really love you.

I love you because you love me, even when I make it hard to.

I love you because you see what I'm capable of achieving, even when I don't.

I love you because you let me dream.

I love you because you're teaching me how to DO, to get those dreams.

I love you because you still want to get to know me better.

I love you because you give me reason when I just want to be emotional.

I love you because you tidy up my craft room, even though I had it exactly how I wanted it.

I love you for trying to make me laugh when I am clearly trying to be mad at you.

I love you for teaching me that it makes no sense to stay mad.

I love you for letting me pick all the paint colors.

I love you for a million and one different things.

I love you. I really love you.

The beginning of love is to let those we love be perfectly themselves, and not to twist them to fit our own image.  Otherwise we love only the reflection of ourselves we find in them. ~T. Merton


I love you for being my opposite.  The sun to my moon.  I love you for being you.

I knew from the beginning that I didn't deserve you. And that thought still crosses my mind at least once a day.

You are a daily reminder of God's grace, love, and faithfulness to me. He brought me to you. And you listened to Him and pursued me. I'm not sure if I've ever said thank you for that.

I promise you Steven that I will always put God first, so that I can be the wife He wants me to be for you.  The wife I couldn't be on my own.

And we're parents now.  PARENTS!  But I was your wife first.  And I promise to try and never forget that.  I need you.

I am so happy you picked me to build a nest with.

I will never ever ever doubt for even a second that God brought us together.

I mean seriously babe!

Look what we made :)







No comments:

Post a Comment