Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Mama's t-shirt, Baby's romper

I was pleasantly surprised today with a project.

I was feeling really tired and lethargic today.

Lucy however, was not.

In days bygone, my remedy would have been to curl up with my latest book or have a favorite movie marathon.

Lucy however, isn't too keen on that idea.

So then I thought that maybe if I just throw myself into a project, then between that, doing laps with Lucy around the house and making 17 trips outside to the yard, I would be too busy to remember I was tired.

I have a stack of clothes that I was getting ready to donate.  I pulled out an old t-shirt.  It was one of those super soft, worn in t-shirts, and I thought what a perfect summer fabric.

I accidentally deleted the before and during pictures.  But basically I laid one of her little shirts on top and cut out the arm holes and then sewed up the sides.  Then I cut down the middle and sewed pants legs.  Then I hemmed over the neck line and pulled some string through, so that when it's slack Lucy can step through and then we can cinch it around her neck and tie a bow.

I know this is a lot of pictures.  But look at the kid!  How would you narrow it down?

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments: