Friday, March 1, 2013

37 Weeks

Dear my 2nd little one,



It’s March.  

A month that holds the first nod towards longer days.  It holds the official start of Spring.  This year it even holds the beloved Easter holiday, the celebration of the resurrection of our Savior.

What else…

Your father celebrates 10 years of entrepreneurship and all the hard work and perseverance that entails.   

Your sister turns 2.  This crazy, smart, beautiful 2 year old toddler-girl, little person. 

And you know what else baby?  We get to meet you. 

This month.  The month of March.  We get to meet you.

There’s a lot going on right now.  Enough to where my mind seems to be constantly running towards something.  I know we’re ready.  Our supplies are gathered and organized and ready to go.  But I guess I just imagined these final weeks would be a calendar cleared, peaceful, contemplative wait for your arrival.  Like our little family of three could exit life for the remaining weeks and hunker down in a cozy cabin in the woods, with no calendar, no clock, no tracking of time.  Just waiting for you.   

That’s not exactly reality right now.  And I’m becoming okay with that.  

Because the truth is, your arrival has already been planned.  Planned since the beginning of time.  The where, the when, the how?  Already planned and known by the Creator.  A good and perfect Creator, with good and perfect timing.

So I surrender control.  I clear my heart of worry and clutter and circumstance and I wait.   

I will patiently and peacefully wait for you. 

Here’s to a month of new, and a see you soon.

Love, 
Mama


No comments:

Post a Comment