Sunday, March 24, 2013

Thank you Mama...

Before the pictures start piling up, and the stories are written, and these first days become a blur as our new normal becomes true reality...I wanted to write a note to my Mama.

A thank you note, even though thank you doesn't quite express it all.

Like any loving Nana, the emotion and excitement and energy of a new grandchild can be overwhelming.  But even with that overwhelming love, my Mama remains a Mama first.

Arriving 30 minutes after Lulah's entry into this world, she quietly soaked in the magic and miracle of the moment, and then her true nature set in.

For the next 5 days, she served.

Steven and I were blessed by her cooking, cleaning, and her nurturing.  But it was her sensitivity to my little family that meant the most.  Her ability to read the situation and know when she needed to entertain the two year old so that daddy, baby, and me could rest and snuggle in safety and quiet.  But then knowing when this mama here, needed to be alone with just my new family of 4 and she would quietly remove herself from the room.

There are just those times when only my Mama will do.

And it's these times when I'm reminded all over again how blessed I am to have family that know how to circle the wagons.  Their presence never ceases to wash me in peace and the type of love that allows me to just BE, with no expectations.  And when all my energy is needed to pour into this new little life, those relationships mean more to me then ever.

So when I look at my girls, I only hope that one day as they become wives and then mothers, I will be there to help them ease through the transition with the love, grace, and wisdom I have received from my mother.

Thank you Mama for making this first week as a mother of two, surprisingly refreshing and restful!

I'm forever grateful for your servant's heart.




No comments:

Post a Comment